Friday 27 August 2010

No more excuses we're back on blog

Thanks to the ministrations of chief Weber Veronica The Great my blog is back in business, thanks Vron.

First, I have been busy selling my guitars and currently I only have two in stock. One is an early 000 Indian rosewood acoustic and the other is a Brazilian Rosewood OM cutaway, please enquire for prices.

Under construction is a Brazilian OM cutaway and next in line is a F5 mandolin. When I get time I will get back to a couple of parlour guitars, a classical and a bouzouki.

I have not been attending any folk festivals this year. Instead I am concentrating on completing my first novel, making new instruments and catching up on orders. I will also be promoting the revised edition of my guitar making book Step by Step Guitar Making (Revised) at the venues listed below.

Yandles Autumn Show 2010.
Martock, Somerset, September on Friday the 10th and Saturday the 11th 2010
I will be demonstrating guitar making as a featured demonstrator for GMC Publications (+44 (0)1273 477374 General Enquiries) and signing copies of my book Step by Step Guitar Making (Revised) at Yandles in September 2010 (September 9th and 10th) Information Yandles.

Bournemouth Literary Festival
Bournemouth, Dorset, 23rd October 2010
I will be giving a talk about making guitars and about my experiences of writing and getting a non-fiction 'how to' book published. I will have copies of my book, Step by Step Guitar Making (Revised) with me, along with a few of my remaining copies of the first edition of my book for sale. The venue is, St Peter's Church, Hinton Road, Bournemouth BH1 2EE at 7p.m. Tickets are 3.50 each. For more details and to book tickets, please contact John Houghton. For Festival information click Information Bournemouth Literary Festival.

Extract from Festival website.
Writing and publishing a 'How to book' by guitar and lute maker by Alex Willis, A craftsman in wood, Alex has in his time built his own ocean going yacht. These days he builds finely crafted bespoke guitars and lutes. His superbly illustrated book, Step-by-step Guitar Making is a best seller in its field. Enjoy a relaxed evening listening to Alex talk about his work both as a craftsman and a writer, and see samples of his instruments. A must not only for guitar enthusiasts but for all who fancy writing a 'how to' book and who wish to know how to go about it.

Just realised that as I sit here and edit this blog it is the first night at Towersey Folk Festival, hope someone is making coffee for Colin.

No comments:

Post a Comment