Friday 15 October 2010

What's up Doc?

Bournemouth Literary Festival Saturday 23rd October, that's what's up.
As I said in an earlier blog, I will be speaking at the festival on the Saturday evening. I will be talking mainly on how I went about creating and getting my non-fiction book, “Step by Step Guitar Making” published.
I hope to make the evening interesting by talking about my early experiences in getting magazine articles published, joining a writers group, entering short story competitions to help hone my writing style (finding my writing voice) to the final product of getting my book through to the second edition and briefly talking about what I am currently writing.
I will also talk about what processes the book went through in preparation for publishing and share some of my ideas on writing. I plan to have a question and answer session at the end and will take questions on writing as well as guitar making.
The room in the church where I will be speaking will be heated and refreshment will be available also ample parking is available.
The venue is, St Peter's Church, Hinton Road, Bournemouth BH1 2EE at 7p.m. Tickets are £3.50 each.
For more details and to book tickets, please contact John Houghton. For Festival information click Information Bournemouth Literary Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment