Wednesday 2 September 2009

Towersey 2009







Here are two shots of the stand at Towersey this year, 2009. All of the ladies were there including Cinderella. Who's Cinderella I hear you ask, well several years ago I had just completed my second guitar, a classical and I thought it was time to make my first steel string guitar. I didn't have a body mould for a steel string guitar, so I just used the classical guitar mould.

Over the years as I developed my steel string guitars I would make changes to Cinderella first. Even so, after all those changes and adaptations she still has a lovely voice.

Tony of the Music Room played her at Sidmouth, and liked what he heard. At Towersey I said to him I was going to put one of my guitars on eBay to raise some cash for a new bike and he said he had a bike he no longer needed and yes we have arranged a swap, thanks Tony and no I don't need any more bikes.

The weather was perfect and the crowds of visitors certainly appeared to be enjoying themselves, I think there is something very spooky about this picture, yes they are everywhere, including here at this link.
Note to Mum, just move your mouse cursor over the link and press the left mouse button.
There was a lot of interest shown in my guitars this festival and it still amazes me how many talented amateur guitarists there are.
One potential customer brought his friend along to play Ursula the 00/45. This bearded gentleman said that his friend had asked him to play one of my guitars and how could I say no, as it was none other than Martin Simpson himself, boy is he a very talented guitarist.
The camp site was as it always is, full of excited campers. On the way to Towersey we stopped at Middle farm and bought two folding camp beds and with a double air mattrerss on top we slept very well, more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment