Sunday 26 July 2009

The Shack


I recieved a copy of "The Shack" from friends last christmas and started reading it immediately.
At first it appeared to be just one of those books that as a theme was all about loss and saddness so I put it down to read it later.
When later arrived, six months later, I started reading it again and was hooked.
At first I wanted to follow Mackenzie on his quest to find out what had happened to Missey, then realised I was on a quest to find answers to to some of my own questions about life and is there really a God who cares about me.



Publishers' Description
Mackenzie Allen Philips' youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later in the midst of his great sadness, Mack receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend.
Against his better judgement he arrives at the shack on a wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change Mack's world forever.


I dare you to read this book and not find your life changed, for the better.

1 comment: