Thursday 5 February 2009

2008 in review. Continued 2.

Sidmouth folk week did have its brighter moments.
Amongst the many excellent guitar players that tried out my guitars was the inimitable Grant Baynham. He is playing one of my "OM" cutaway models. This guitar is still for sale. The body is made from highly figured Brazilian Rosewood with an European Spruce top and is fitted with a Headway Snake 3 under saddle pickup.
I will be back at Sidmouth again this year, hope the organisers have sorted out the floor plan
I finished at Sidmouth then drove overnight to my next show at Michelham Priory. This is my local show for The Sussex Guild, of which I am a member. The show takes place in the grounds of Michelham priory and runs for four days starting on the Thursday.
I wont be at Michelham this year as I am taking a years sabbatical from the guild to concentrate on both making guitars and working on completing my first novel. Notice the Mandola, I sold two in 2008, more on the way.

At the end of the month it was off again to Towersey, which in my opinion is one of the best folk festivals going. Here I am just home from a hard day on the stand, newspaper in hand and a cider in the glass.
The reason I am able to look so relaxed is because of all the hard work done by my lovely wife, Nancy, keeping me fed. This photo was taken outside her shed at her allotment. This is where she grows lots of very tasty vegetables.
Towersey was a very good show, work wise. I sold my last Mandola and took in three guitars for major work. Please note, if you have a guitar that requires work I can post it back to you if it has a hard shell case. I use the Post Office and always ship guitars First Class, insured. The average cost of shipping, depending on insured value, is about £30.00.

The last show of the year, at the magnificent Town Hall at Cheltenham. This was for the second annual Acoustic Guitar Festival. This show is truly a magnificent occasion, especially since I took a commission for an OM in Brazilian Rosewood. Delivery on this guitar has been set for the end of February 2009.
Notice how few guitars I had left for sale, it truly was a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment